Keep Ctrl+D of Eclipse

Feature requests and their debate

Keep Ctrl+D of Eclipse

Postby carlosjrcabello » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:42 am

Good morning,

I think it would be very interesting if it were maintained that shortcut that removes one or more selected lines. Another improvement would be nice to keep, would highlight the opening or closing parenthesis. The current version already does a closing parenthesis, but not out yet 'ends' of the brackets which is the focus.

Best regards.
Att.
Carlos Alberto Junior Spohr Poletto

@carlosjrcabello
carlosjrcabello

Re: Keep Ctrl+D of Eclipse

Postby Serge » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

Hello!

Currently default DBeaver keybindings scheme is very similar to Visual Studio/IntelliJ IDEA key schemes. And, for sure, while it is intuitive for some people it is inconvinient for others.
"Delete line" action binded to Ctrl-Y shortcut (which means "Redo" in default Eclipse scheme). It could be confusing :) Of course you may change any bindings in Preferences.

Mostly it is religious question - which key scheme should be default so I don't think it is possible to make right decision. Anyway, we are going to add standard Eclipse key scheme in DBeaver in future version.

Concerning parenthesis highlighting. It is a great feature but generally it is not available for RCPs in Eclipse framework. We are planning to improve SQL editor in some future version (add highlightings and some other "intellectual" features) but not in nearest one.

Thanks!
Serge

Re: Keep Ctrl+D of Eclipse

Postby carlosjrcabello » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi Serge,

Sorry by my bad english.

I had not remembered that the editor could be using IntelliJ shortcuts, as to highlight the parenthesis will be really nice to the editor.

Thanks by reply, DBeaver it's a great SQL editor, on my company all members are using it.
Att.
Carlos Alberto Junior Spohr Poletto

@carlosjrcabello
carlosjrcabello

Return to Feature Requests