Export for complete databases

Feature requests and their debate

Export for complete databases

Postby stefaneidelloth » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:46 pm

I would like to be able to export a complete MySQL database to SQlite.
Currently I am only able to select all tables and start the export wizard from there.
I would like to be able to right click on the database folder and choose an export wizard from there.

I use Eclipse Luna and installed DBeaver from the update site http://dbeaver.jkiss.org/update/3.1.5/
stefaneidelloth

Re: Export for complete databases

Postby Serge » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Transferring whole database is a bit different (and much more complicated) task than just data transfer. It assumes exporting all constraints, foreign keys, procedures, views, options, etc, etc.
Data transfer can only export/import tables' data. In near future we won't implement whole database structure export feature.
Serge

Re: Export for complete databases

Postby stefaneidelloth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:02 am

I see. Then my suggestion would be to have a command "Transfer database (tables only)" or "Transfer all tables of this database" in the context menu for the database. ("transfer" might be replaced with "export"). I expected such an option on the "level of the databases" but could not find a corresponding entry in the context menu. Actually there is an entry "Tools =>Export database" that provides export to sql file. In fact I thought that it would not be possible to transfer all tables of a database with DBeaver. One week later I found the possibility to transfer tables with DBeaver by asking Google. An extra entry in the context menu for the databases would be more intuitive for my work flow than using the context menu of the table.
stefaneidelloth

Return to Feature Requests