Translations

Feature requests and their debate

Translations

Postby morpa » Fri May 16, 2014 7:03 am

I would like to translate DBeaver to my language (Swedish) as a thanks for using it. However, I can't find any .PO files (the common way to do lang) or langpacks. Is this not supported?
morpa

Re: Translations

Postby titou10 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi,
Strings and texts are mostly stored in ".properties" files.
DBeaver is composed of various eclipse plugins, a few for core components and usually one per extension (db2, oracle..). Each plugin has usually at least 2 properties file with externalized strings ("plugin.properties" and "<ext>Resources.properties".
Some plugins have only english propery files, some already have russian, italian, chinese translations.
If you perform a "svn checkout" you will easily find them, the code can be accessed anonymously here : https://svn.jkiss.org/dev/dbeaver/trunk/
From there, you can create new property file for swedish, and ask to Serge (serge@jkiss.org) to give you a commiter acces, or you can send them to me (titou10.titou10@gmail.com) and I can commit them for you. I can also send them to you without you to perform a checkout
It may be easier to become a commiter and build the application yourself and so you'll be abale to test your translations "In context"
Denis
titou10

Return to Feature Requests