Is there a way to auto-set timezone of a connection?

Note: please leave bug reports and feature requests on GitHub

Is there a way to auto-set timezone of a connection?

Postby binky » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 am

Hi,

I use dbeaver to connect to Vertica and have some issues with timezones.

All our data are stored as UTC and we access them as UTC. The default behaviour (presumably by the JDBC driver) when taking a query is to translate the time in the query as if it were in local time-zone (i.e. potentially with DS applied). This applies not only to text typed in, but SELECT INTOs aswell, causeing a lot of headaches.

Issuing
Code: Select all
SET TIME ZONE TO 'UTC'
in the SQL session give the behaviour that I want, but I sometimes forget to type this.

Is there a way to persistently set the timezone across dbeaver as a whole, or to apply this persistently to a connection?

Help very much appreciated.
Binks.
binky

Re: Is there a way to auto-set timezone of a connection?

Postby Serge » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 am

No, currently it is not possible to set some SQL which should be executed after connection opening.
But I think it'd be a great feature. I'll add it in TODO, hopefully this feature will appear in one of the next versions.
Serge

Postby cloghin » Tue May 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Is this feature still not available in 3.6.6 ? I suspect the time zone used to display results is the local OS system clock, but when queries are sent out the time is in database time.
Also I have the same problem, but SET TIME ZONE TO 'UTC' does not change the timezone from EST to UTC. Is there a dbeaver timezone that overwrites the session variable i am setting ?

Thanks.
cloghin

Postby Serge » Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am

You can use bootstrap queries configuration for that (in connection properties, page "General").
Serge

Return to Support